To clean patient areas, offices, laboratories, and other assigned areas, and assist in collecting and
receiving laundry for contract laundry service.
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping/Laundry Aide
1. Cleans and disinfects floors and shampoos carpets.
2. Scours, polishes, and disinfects bathrooms.
3. Cleans furniture, window sills, doors, and frames.
4. Maintains equipment in good condition and is responsible for economical use of supplies.
5. Empties waste baskets and keeps utility rooms in good order.
6. May wash windows and window ventilators.
7. May be assigned to specific areas.
8. Performs other work of departments.
9. Will assist in collecting and receiving laundry.
1. Cleans and disinfects floors (may wax and buff floors when necessary), and shampoos
2. Scours, polishes, and disinfects bathrooms and replenishes supplies, as required.
3. Cleans furniture, window sills, doors, and frames using ladders, stepping stools, etc.
4. Maintains equipment in good condition and is responsible for economical use of supplies;
gets supplies from Director of Plant Operations.
5. Empties waste baskets and keeps utility rooms in good order; disposes of contaminated bags
(red bags) in the proper places.
6. May wash windows and window ventilators when necessary using ladders and step stools.
7. May be assigned to specific areas, such as nursing floors, offices, laboratory, surgical suite,
or emergency room. May be required to work the hospital, long term care, or clinic
8. Performs other work of departments, such as cleaning ceiling fans and vents.
TMC – Job Description
9. Will assist in collecting and receiving laundry from contract laundry service and places in
storage or delivers to appropriate departments.
The position of housekeeper/laundry aide requires knowledge of basic housekeeping; must have
the ability to stand for long periods of time; must have the ability to turn, stoop, knee, crouch,
and reach; must be able to push, pull, carry, and lift at least 40 lbs.; must have the ability to get
along with medical staff, the public and own department personnel; must be able to work with
cleaning chemicals; must be self-motivated to accomplish work as it arises; must have the mental
ability to follow OSHA guidelines for infection control; must participate in gathering data for
quality assurance as directed by the Director of Plant Operations.
Has casual but frequent contact with patients, nurses, residents, families, visitors, and doctors.
Grammar school and on-the-job training.
Basic home housekeeping experience.
Stands, walks in limited areas, climbs stairs and ladders, turns, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches,
pushes, pulls, and handles cleaning agents, dusting, and scrubbing, lifts and carries cleaning
Works in clean, well-lighted, heated and ventilated rooms and corridors; exposed to some
unpleasant conditions, i.e. odors and liquids.
Some exposure to minor injuries; exposure to communicable diseases; exposure to
cleaning/maintenance chemicals, hazardous chemicals, and hazardous/contaminated waste.
Checkout recent highlights from the City of Tioga, ND